Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My First Aero Garden

I know that when spring shows up, and the birds are singing, a young mans heart turns to love, so my Grandma told me, :) but my heart turns to flowers and things that are growing, trees, flowers and any thing green!

I decided to grow my own herbs and small tomatoes, then I had a thought that if these did well then I may buy another one for lettuce!

When I received my package, I decided to try some of my own seeds, instead of the three herbs that came with it. I had a package of organic bell peppers, new package of tiny tomatoes and another package of lettuce. My thought pattern was that if these did not work out I would try some thing else!

The picture at the top of the page are the organic bell peppers.

I learned in the process that the lettuce was not compatible with the tomatoes and the bell peppers. It seems that the vegetable's must be of the same kind, fruits like tomatoes and bell peppers can be planted together! I pulled up what was left of the lettuce, washed the holders and I planted some more tomatoes and they came up in three days.

In the meantime I learned that if you let the plants grow too tall and touch the grow lamp they will burn, so you must prune them and keep them short!

I really was sad to cut off all of those lovely green leaves, but was told that in two weeks I would not be able to see where I have cut them.

The steams are much thicker now and they are growing back as I was told.

http://eathealthyguide.info/

2 comments:

  1. I have more news about my experience with the
    Aero Garden! will post more later. Please stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next project is going to be basil and lettuce.
    In fact, my plans are tomorrow for planting. Will be posting more about this project as I go,so please stayed tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete